Search This Blog

Saturday 22 August 2015

Boots and Superdrug Haul



On Thursday I went shopping with my best friend. All of the items I brought are skin care and a couple of bits of makeup from these brands; Palmer's Rimmel, MUA, Superdrug and Soap and Glory so, if you aren't into beauty hauls and enjoy fashion hauls click here.


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Cocoa Body Scrub

The Palmer's body scrub costs £4.99 in Superdrug. I have only tried one Palmer's product and that was the lip balm. I loved the smell of it and it definitely worked well. I'm on my second one now. I really wanted to try a body lotion or butter from the range so I could have the scent on me. I already have way too many body lotions and potions, I didn't even know they did body scrubs so I thought I'd try it. I always prefer a really 'scrubby' scrub, the ones that really exfoliate your skin. I tried a bit on my hand and it was very exfoliating and and also moisturising.


Rimmel Match Perfection Fix and Perfect Pro Primer Shade 2
I have never tried this before but my friend I was shopping with has tried it and said it was one of the best she has had. It usually costs £6.99 in Superdrug but it is on offer for £4.99 at the moment. This primer claims to be a 5 in 1 product.
Smooth - to minimise pores
Resurface - for an even complexion
Brighten - to keep skin bright all day
Mattify - to eliminates shine
Protect - protects skin from environmental aggressors (pollution)




MUA Cover and Conceal Wand
This concealer only costs £1.50. I know a lot of people don't like to use cheap makeup but, if it works just as well as just about any other concealer I don't see a problem. This concealer gives a very good coverage because it is a thick, creamy texture. It covers blemishes very well, depending on how much you build it up. It covers under eye circles well and spots. It is on a par with Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer but, I only prefer to buy this one because you get a lot more product in the MUA concealer.





Superdrug Cleansing Facial Wipes for Sensitive Skin
I know, I know, I know. Facial wipes, stay away, keep away, throw away. Don't worry I do not use these to clean my face or remove my makeup. Never do that unless you are on a plane or have absolutely no alternative (maybe if your lazy at sleepovers) but, if i'm doing my makeup in the morning and something goes wrong I don't have to wash my whole face again I can just sort out the one area. These cost 99p.





Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean
This costs £8 in Boots. I have only ever tried bath and body products from Soap and Glory so I wanted to try one of their face products. This is a makeup remover/cleanser but I prefer to use it as a makeup remover and keep to my Clean and Clear products for cleansing. This product says it 'melts away makeup'. I think that it does this, it takes a bit of work to remove eye makeup but so does any makeup remover. I don't use a second helping to remove it but my cleansers remove any left over traces. 






Soap and Glory Dr Spot Super Strength Breakout Clearing Gel
This normally costs £8 in Boots but there is a buy one get the cheapest half price deal on for Soap and Glory face products so I got it for £4. I have only used this for less than two days and it is already working better than any other product. You apply it twice a day if needed in tiny amounts directly to the spot. It works really well and is definitely worth its money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment